Premium haptic experience for D-BOX coded movies, TV shows, using audio synchronization.
||If not already done, create your D-BOX Connect account (How-to-create-your-d-box-connect-account) and ensure you subscribe to an HaptiSync subscription to get access to more than 2,200 movies and shows. (Two free months automatically activated upon creating a D-BOX Connect account and activating a PC)
||When prompted by the D-BOX Game Center, login to your D-BOX Connect account
In the D-BOX Game Center, set the HaptiSync Mode to D-BOX Coded Video
Please make sure to press '' Yes'' when prompted for admin rights
- In the Game Center, click on HaptiSync App to launch it and go through the activation flow for your PC – first-time use only (the Mobile version of the app can also be used).
- In the HaptiSync app, there is no need to use the function Add HaptiSync Device. If you have chosen the HaptiSync Mode D-BOX Coded Video in the Game Center, your PC will appear automatically.
- You will see the message Activation Required. Click on your computer and follow the steps to log in to your D-BOX Connect account.
- Wait for the whole content update process to complete. It could take a few hours.
||Follow these steps to select the audio input that will capture the audio feed (first time use only):
(We know this is more complicated than the target audio capture solution we have planned to roll-out in the next few weeks. However, we wanted to give you the chance to access this new feature as an early adopter.)
- Install VB Audio
- Download the utility VB Audio – Virtual Cable https://vb-audio.com/Cable/
- Open the downloaded package, extract all files and run the setup file
- Reboot your system when prompted
- After rebooting, right-click on speaker in Windows bar
- Click on Open sound settings
- Click on Sound Control Panel
Note: If you are on Windows 11, you can reach the same advanced Sound settings by clicking on Sound settings and scroll down in the Advanced section to select More sound settings.
- On the Playback tab
- Right click on any devices and check Show Disabled Devices
- Right click on Cable Input and check Enable
- Right click on Cable Input again and check Set as Default Device
- Go to the Recording tab
- Right click on Cable Output and click on Enable and on Properties
- Go on the tab Listen and then check Listen to this device and in the drop-down list, choose Default Playback Device (or any other device you want to use)
- Go on the tab Advanced , Default Format and then select from the drop-down list 2 channel, 16 bit, 48000 Hz (DVD Quality)
- Click on Apply and you can now close your Sound Setting window
- Select CABLE Input (VB-Audio Virtual Cable) as the Audio Output Device in the Windows task bar
||Back in the Game Center, Select the HaptiSync Mode D-BOX Coded Video
Open the HaptiSync app
In the HaptiSync app, select your computer
Under Audio Input, select CABLE Output (VB-Audio Virtual Cable) in the drop down
Open your browser and go to the D-BOX Haptic Experiences YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD8F52JjbOh2s0IixZti1sw)
Note: Ensure the content download is completed before starting this step.
- Start the test clip and wait 30 seconds to confirm that everything works
- Start the calibration clip to verify that there is no unpleasant delay (optional)
Start your movie and wait for the audio synchronization to complete. Motion should start about 2-3 minutes after the movie begins.
In the HaptiSync app, you might see one of these 3 messages:
- Activation Required: Just click on your computer icon and follow the steps to complete the activation. You need to log in to your D-BOX Connect account
- Subscription Required: You need to check your subscription status at https://connect.d-box.com (D-BOX Connect website)
- Downloading Content: Haptic content is updating. You just need to wait until the update is completed
Here is an article that can help you troubleshoot common issues when setting up the D-BOX Coded Video Mode: FAQ and Troublesooting article