Presentation of the potential causes for the above mentioned fault and prescribed corrective actions.
Handling actuator cables and connections while the ACM is powered could cause injury or death. There equipment operate under extremely high voltage. Always turn off the system power by unplugging ACM power cord before.
You must ask D-BOX Support authorization prior opening the main cover of an ACM. Opening the main cover of an ACM without formal authorization voids the warranty.
|The power cable is disconnected from the ACM(s).
- Visually inspect the entire length of the power cable for obvious signs of damage. Replace them in case of doubts.
- Make sure the ACM power cable is securely plugged in.
- Make sure you are connected to a grounded electrical outlet. Do not use adapter plugs or remove the grounding prong from cables. If you must use an extension cable, use a 3-wire cable with properly grounded plugs.
- Inside the ACM, check that the white 4 pins power connector is properly connected.
- Check the power coming out of the outlet and make sure it respects the specified operating conditions. In case of doubt, connect the haptic system to another circuit.
|Defective or disconnected CAT
- Visually inspect the entire length of the communication cables for obvious signs of damage. Replace them in case of doubts.
- Make sure that all communication cables are Cat.5e shielded cables.
- Make sure the communication cable is no longer than 100 feet (30m).
- Make sure the communication cables are properly connected and that the last Master and Slave ACMs are terminated (see section 2).